The Richard ‘Pat’ Henry Hospitality Scholarship
“Henry came to St. Croix and didn’t take — he gave and left it better than when he came… he worked hard to find ways to always say yes instead of no. He took the St. Croix chapter of the Hotel and Tourism Association to the successful entity it is today…He left a great legacy, and I will miss him.”
~Julie Printy, General Manager of The Palms at Pelican Cove
The purpose of the Richard P Henry Scholarship is to encourage professional development within the visitor and hospitality industry by awarding scholarships to high school seniors, college students, and non-traditional students who are permanent residents of St. Croix and are graduating from an accredited high school or are enrolled in hospitality industry majors at a two-year or four-year higher education accredited institution, including online studies.
Annually, scholarships of $2500 each are available through the RPH Scholarship Fund, administered through the St. Croix Hotel and Tourism Association.
Financial support is provided for enrollment in a US accredited baccalaureate or associate program leading to a degree in hospitality related field.
Each scholarship will be awarded in the amount of $2500 in the name of the awarded recipient and the financial office of the enrolled institution.
Recipient has to be a resident of St. Croix for five (5) years prior to applying for the scholarship and agrees to work in the Hospitality Industry within six (6) months after completing such course of study for at least the length of time equivalent to that for which recipient receives financial assistance from the Association.
Hospitality Scholarship Evaluation Criteria
All applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Complete application submission by deadline, no exceptions
- High School senior at an accredited high school or full-time, matriculated college student with declared major affiliated with the hospitality industry, or a non-traditional student returning to college
- Cumulative credits reflecting the status of a senior in high school or that of a rising sophomore, junior or senior in college.
- Resident of the island of St. Croix
- Plans to seek a career in the hospitality, convention or tourism industry.
- Student with hospitality or convention industry related experience is preferred.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Official High School / College Transcript no copies, no official or any other facsimile will be accepted
- Personal easy of 500-600 words
If you have questions about the scholarship application process, please contact Fran Geocaris. Fran can be reached at email@example.com.